ESPN Insider Kevin Pelton gave the Los Angeles Lakers an A for trading Steve Blake to the Golden State Warriors for MarShon Brooks, Kent Bazemore and, most importantly, money savings and lottery positioning. Lakers star Kobe Bryant, meanwhile, likely would not be so generous if forced to attach a letter to the move. A day after the trade, Bryant tweeted his displeasure, labeling the deal "not cool." A source told ESPN.com that this was meant to show support for Blake, not tweak the organization, but it's hard not to read a little anger into the missive.
Now, this is far from likely to create a rift between Bryant and the team that gave him a two-year, $48.5 million extension in November. But was Bryant still a little out of line?
Below is a sampling of the Facebook conversation on this story. Be sure and join in!
Together no more
Bryant and Blake are done teaming up.
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
- Michelle Beadle retweeted
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 11:00 AMBig 12 Coaches Chat
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PMNASCAR's Brad Keselowski
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz