The BEST part is Hossa leaving the Pens for Detroit to have a better chance of winning the CUP, not to mention the 70 mil he left on the table.” -- walnutkid07
It's been 25 years since a team that lost in the Finals the year before managed to win the Stanley Cup the next year. That makes it even more impressive that some of you predicted the Penguins would win -- in seven games.
Before the final series began, we asked you who you thought would lift Lord Stanley's Cup. 4everDetroit thought we'd all be wearing ice skates before the Penguins would defeat the Red Wings at home. But some of you brilliantly foresaw a Game 7 victory: sirdidymus01, Chucksracing, Fred Rice, Hcokeydude, John-Flores, Beldar1718, Bqthaman, Sportsperson107, fastwillie1212, Lone_wolf2006, Garwin7, Dragonswizdom, Aries.1994 and Perdegro.
See their original picks on the CommunityEds blog, where we, ahem, picked the Pens in seven, too.
Hmmm. Maybe if Marian Hossa had asked all of us ...
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
- Michelle Beadle retweeted
- SportsNation retweeted
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 11:00 AMBig 12 Coaches Chat
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PMNASCAR's Brad Keselowski
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz