After nearly two days of uproar over what she said, and then what she didn't say about what she said, Serena Williams apologized Monday. She also played for a Grand Slam doubles title with her sister, but hey, why let tennis get in the way?
Williams' apology, posted on her Web site, was for the outburst she directed at a U.S. Open line judge following a dubious foot fault call late in Saturday's semifinal.
But did Williams need to apologize?
Arguing for the defense, SportsNation blogger bballa71137:
Arguing for the prosecution, SportsNation blogger SlideLikeRose:
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMNFL draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on WNBA
- 3:00 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 3:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy FB