Maybe it wasn't Willis Reed limping out of the tunnel for the Knicks. Maybe it wasn't Tiger Woods winning the U.S. Open on a broken leg. Then again, maybe it was. Brad Keselowski was a question mark to start Sunday's race in Pocono after breaking his left ankle in a crash earlier in the week. Well, not only did he start the 500-mile race, but he finished first.
As Golden Tate learned recently, it doesn't pay to question the athletic merits of NASCAR drivers, but did Keselowski's feat transcend racing?
Does it make the list?
Keselowski badly needed a win to improve his wild-card position in NASCAR's playoff system, so he got behind the wheel days after a head-on collision with the wall.
Was it a rain-aided feat?
Kurt Busch applauded Keselowski's feat as an "Iron Man" display, but did the lengthy rain delay during the race diminish that at all?
What about recent history?
Shortly after dislocating his elbow in the third quarter of a playoff game against the Heat, Rajon Rondo, elbow popped back into place, returned and finished the game with essentially one arm.
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 11:00 AMNCAA BB with Jeff Goodman
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 1:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PMNHL with Katie Strang
- 3:00 PMSeahawks with Blount
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMNFL Draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on NCAAW
- 2:00 PMBracketologist Joe Lunardi
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 4:00 PMNFL Insider KC Joyner
BEST OF THE BEST
Revis vs. Ware?
Which player has a brighter NFL future: Darrelle Revis, or DeMarcus Ware? Vote! »