Controversy struck the boxing world yet again after Chad Dawson basically body slammed Bernard Hopkins in their light heavyweight title bout. The referees on hand awarded the match to Dawson due to Hopkins not being able to continue, but the WBC overturned that decision, allowing Hopkins to retain his title. Did the organization make the right call?
Will there be a rematch?
Neither side seems terribly happy with the outcome, and boxing fans were cheated out of a legitimate decision. A rematch could fix those problems.
Who would win?
None of the fight's first five minutes seemed to indicate that either fighter had the upper hand. If they do fight again, it's a tossup as to who would in.
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
- Michelle Beadle retweeted
- SportsNation retweeted
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 11:00 AMBig 12 Coaches Chat
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PMNASCAR's Brad Keselowski
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz