Controversy struck the boxing world yet again after Chad Dawson basically body slammed Bernard Hopkins in their light heavyweight title bout. The referees on hand awarded the match to Dawson due to Hopkins not being able to continue, but the WBC overturned that decision, allowing Hopkins to retain his title. Did the organization make the right call?
Will there be a rematch?
Neither side seems terribly happy with the outcome, and boxing fans were cheated out of a legitimate decision. A rematch could fix those problems.
Who would win?
None of the fight's first five minutes seemed to indicate that either fighter had the upper hand. If they do fight again, it's a tossup as to who would in.
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMNFL draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on WNBA
- 3:00 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 3:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy FB