Peyton Manning apparently has a new home. The quarterback has reportedly instructed his agent to begin negotiations with the Denver Broncos in a move that would alter the balance of power in the AFC West if it's true. Manning's decision will have a ripple effect across the NFL: What the Broncos should do with Tim Tebow? Have the 49ers ruined their relationship with Alex Smith? And just what have the Dolphins been thinking during this entire ordeal? It should be lots of fun to see how it all plays out.
A good fit?
Manning will look awful strange in Broncos colors, but we're sure fans in Denver will get over the brief visual incongruity if it leads to dozens of passing touchdowns.
Expectations of Manning?
After missing the 2011 season with a neck injury, Manning is looking to prove to all of football that he is still an elite quarterback.
Tim Tebow could make a good backup for Manning, but should the Broncos trade him to a team that needs a fresh start at quarterback?
The 49ers seem willing to let Alex Smith sign elsewhere, despite the quarterback's emergence in 2011.
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMNFL draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on WNBA
- 3:00 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 3:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy FB