It seems that we can't go one game without a scary, controversial hit in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Marian Hossa was the recipient of one such hit from Marian Hossa on Tuesday night -- a hit so painful that it sent him to the hospital, although he was released Wednesday. Hitting has been a part of hockey for ages, but with the recent spate of crushing hits in high-profile games, might there be a change in the sport's future?
Dirty or clean?
Raffi Torres expressed sympathy for Marian Hossa after hitting him but maintained the hit was clean.
A fan of hitting?
This year's Stanley Cup playoffs have been full of crushing hits and brutal fights.
The NHL has made player safety a priority in recent years. Is the league doing enough, or are its new rules stifling the game?
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 11:00 AMNCAA BB with Jeff Goodman
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 1:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PMNHL with Katie Strang
- 3:00 PMSeahawks with Blount
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMNFL Draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on NCAAW
- 2:00 PMBracketologist Joe Lunardi
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 4:00 PMNFL Insider KC Joyner
BEST OF THE BEST
Revis vs. Ware?
Which player has a brighter NFL future: Darrelle Revis, or DeMarcus Ware? Vote! »