Yeah, yeah, we know; in the win-loss column, "losing" and "almost winning" count for exactly the same thing. Emotionally, however, Heat fans would probably feel a lot different about Tuesday night's 78-75 loss to the Pacers. LeBron James' clutchness has often been called into question, and he didn't help his cause by missing two free throws in the final minute last night. LeBron was likely the main reason the Heat were in the game in the first place, however; he scored 28 points with nine rebounds and five assists, even adding six steals to his ledger. If LeBron scores five fewer points, we might not even be having this conversation. Sports are weird sometimes.
LeBron James' predicament reminds us somewhat of Alex Rodriguez's playoff issues, at least up until 2009, where Rodriguez won a World Series and hit six home runs in the playoffs.
Both LeBron and Dwyane Wade had chances to drastically alter the tone of the game in the final minute, but neither was able to capitalize.
Chris Bosh is often derided as not truly worthy of being the third member of the Big Three, but his defensive chops could have made the difference on Tuesday night.
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:40 AMUFC's Chris Weidman
- 12:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 2:00 PMNHL with Pierre LeBrun
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on WNBA
- 2:00 PMFootball Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMNCAA FB with Ted Miller
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Adelson
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy FB