The Pacers have been giving the Heat a lot of trouble in their series, but if last night's 115-83 Heat win is any indication, Miami is fully prepared to bring the hammer down. The teams traded three flagrant fouls, with Dexter Pittman roughing up Lance Stephenson, Tyler Hansbrough going after Dwyane Wade, and Udonis Haslem retaliating against Hansbrough when the latter went in for a layup. Larry Bird thought his upstart Pacers were soft in this game, but was it just a fluke?
A soft team?
"I can't believe my team went soft. S-O-F-T. I'm disappointed. I never thought it would happen. That's all I have to say." -- Larry Bird
Tyler Hansbrough and Udonis Haslem were both called out for their physical play.
Both David West and Danny Granger suffered sprains in Game 5. West thought his injury was due to a cheap shot, although replays were somewhat less than conclusive.
Game 6 winner?
After such a decisive loss in Game 5, the Pacers will have to come out with a different approach in Game 6.
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 11:00 AMBig 12 Coaches Chat
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PMNASCAR's Brad Keselowski
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz