Bench was elected to the Hall in 19889 with 96% of the vote.
Welcome to SportsNation! On Friday, Hall of Fame baseball player and former Cincinnati Reds catcher Johnny Bench stops by to chat about his legendary career as well as his new role as an MLB spokesman.
Bench, a skin cancer survivor, has joined the MLB and MLBPA in combination with the American Academy of Dermatology to form the 2012 Play Sun Smart program, an effort by all 30 MLB teams to receive skin cancer screenings and practice sun-safe behaviors throughout the season. Bench will appear at the MLB Fan Cave in New York on Saturday to raise awareness for the program.
Bench, often called the greatest catcher in MLB history, was a 14-time all-star, 10-time Gold Glove winner, 2-time World Series champ and 2-time MVP. He retired as the home run leader for catchers and currently sits third on the list.
Send your questions now and join Bench Friday at 3:30 p.m. ET!
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 2:00 PMNFL Draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMNASCAR with Ryan McGee
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 4:00 PMNFL Insider KC Joyner
- 12:00 PMBoxing with Dan Rafael
- 12:00 PMNHL with Pierre LeBrun
- 1:00 PMRichard Durrett on Rangers
- 1:00 PMRams with Nick Wagoner
- 1:00 PMNCAA BB 'Giant Killers'
- 2:00 PMBulls with Nick Friedell
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMBracketologist Joe Lunardi
- 2:15 PMGolf analyst Andy North
- 3:00 PMJaguars with Mike DiRocco
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Kevin Pelton
BEST OF THE BEST
Which fans were better dancers at Tuesday night's Alabama/Kentucky matchup? Vote! »