The Nets may be in the middle of building a squad to rival the NBA's best. After acquiring Joe Johnson from the Hawks (a move that makes Deron Williams more likely to come back), the team is discussing a trade that would bring Dwight Howard on board. The move would immediately make the Nets a team to be reckoned with, although the asking price for Howard is incredibly steep. Still, it'd be worth it for a team in its first year in a new location to have multiple superstars already in place to greet fans.
Howard is one of the most dominant defensive players in the league, and alongside Williams and Johnson could really step up his offensive game.
A steep price?
The Nets could be mortgaging their future with this trade -- Brook Lopez has proven himself a skilled scorer, and losing three first-round picks could severely limit the team's flexibility.
The Heat's Big Three have already proven their championship chops, but would they be overtaken by the theoretical Nets trio?
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 12:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PM'Nation's Michelle Beadle
- 1:45 PMFilmmaker Ken Burns
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on NCAAW
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy FB
BEST OF THE BEST
Which moment was better -- Mason Plumlee's block, or Geno Auriemma's latest title? Vote! »