The Nets may be in the middle of building a squad to rival the NBA's best. After acquiring Joe Johnson from the Hawks (a move that makes Deron Williams more likely to come back), the team is discussing a trade that would bring Dwight Howard on board. The move would immediately make the Nets a team to be reckoned with, although the asking price for Howard is incredibly steep. Still, it'd be worth it for a team in its first year in a new location to have multiple superstars already in place to greet fans.
Howard is one of the most dominant defensive players in the league, and alongside Williams and Johnson could really step up his offensive game.
A steep price?
The Nets could be mortgaging their future with this trade -- Brook Lopez has proven himself a skilled scorer, and losing three first-round picks could severely limit the team's flexibility.
The Heat's Big Three have already proven their championship chops, but would they be overtaken by the theoretical Nets trio?
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 12:15 PMUFC president Dana White
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMSeahawks with Blount
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 2:00 PMNFL draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMNASCAR with Ryan McGee
- 3:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 4:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 4:00 PMNBA Insider Kevin Pelton