You'd think instant replay would be a no-brainer in every sport, but it just doesn't quite fit with faster-paced leagues such as the NBA and NHL. The NBA has made some tweaks to its replay system in an effort to curb the somewhat embarrassing flopping problem. The NBA also may add small advertising patches to team uniforms starting in 2013. Do these changes work, or are they a bit much?
The NBA's new rule changes seem to be focused on eliminating flopping and making sure teams don't get away with illegal defense in the closing seconds.
Replay in general?
The NBA, NFL and MLB all have some form of instant replay, although it is much more common in professional football than it is in the other two sports.
Soccer teams have prominent advertisements on their jerseys, and NASCAR uniforms and cars are festooned with all sorts of sponsor patches and decals.
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 11:00 AMNCAA BB with Jeff Goodman
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 1:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PMNHL with Katie Strang
- 3:00 PMSeahawks with Blount
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMNFL Draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on NCAAW
- 2:00 PMBracketologist Joe Lunardi
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 4:00 PMNFL Insider KC Joyner
BEST OF THE BEST
Revis vs. Ware?
Which player has a brighter NFL future: Darrelle Revis, or DeMarcus Ware? Vote! »