Penn State president Rodney Erickson has decided the Joe Paterno statue is no longer worthy of standing outside Beaver Stadium, saying it would become a "recurring wound to the multitude of individuals across the nation and beyond who have been the victims of child abuse." Erickson also announced Paterno's name would stay on the campus library to symbolize his contributions to academic life. What is your take on each decision?
Where is Paterno welcome?
A statue was deemed too divisive, but is a name on a high-profile building as much a reminder of Paterno's misdeeds?
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMNFL draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on WNBA
- 3:00 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 3:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy FB