Penn State president Rodney Erickson has decided the Joe Paterno statue is no longer worthy of standing outside Beaver Stadium, saying it would become a "recurring wound to the multitude of individuals across the nation and beyond who have been the victims of child abuse." Erickson also announced Paterno's name would stay on the campus library to symbolize his contributions to academic life. What is your take on each decision?
Where is Paterno welcome?
A statue was deemed too divisive, but is a name on a high-profile building as much a reminder of Paterno's misdeeds?
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
BEST OF THE BEST
Bosh vs. Allen
Which Heat role player had the best Game 4 -- Chris Bosh or Ray Allen? Vote! »
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMNoleNation's David Hale
- 12:00 PMNFL with Dan Graziano
- 1:00 PMCubs, Sox with Levine
- 1:30 PMMichael Wilbon on NBA Finals
- 2:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 2:00 PMNFL blogger Kevin Seifert
- 2:00 PMNASCAR with Terry Blount
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Stephania Bell
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 4:00 PMHornsNation's Strickland
- 4:00 PMNFL with James Walker
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMDawgNation's David Ching
- 12:00 PMMusician Darius Rucker
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 2:00 PMSweetSpot's Schoenfield
- 3:00 PMNHRA's A. Brown, C. Force
- 3:00 PMFantasy NASCAR Focus
- 4:00 PMGatorNation's Mike DiRocco
- 4:00 PMNFL blogger Mike Sando
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz