On Thursday, "Outside The Lines" discussed the impact of social media on the Olympic Games. The IOC has implemented Rule 40, which bans its athletes from using their likeness for advertising purposes while competing in the Olympics. Which means, for example, competitors can't thank Nike on Twitter for sponsoring their training sessions because the London Games are sponsored by adidas. Should Olympians be able to promote their sponsors/brands via social media without restraint?
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 11:00 AMBig 12 Coaches Chat
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PMNASCAR's Brad Keselowski
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz