Mike Trout is only in his second year in MLB, but already he's making it seem like he's trying to be promoted to a league above the one he's currently in. Trout is rocking a 1.005 OPS, 20 homers, 36 stolen bases (against only three caught stealing, which is really, really good) , and he's playing a stellar center field. That's not enough for Jim Leyland, who thinks Miguel Cabrera (.967 OPS, 29 homers, plays a decent third base) is a better choice for AL MVP than Trout. Now, Leyland is expected to say that ('cause Cabrera is on his team and all), but is he really all that far off base?
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
- Michelle Beadle retweeted
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 11:00 AMBig 12 Coaches Chat
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PMNASCAR's Brad Keselowski
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz