We love a good owner fight -- they're always dramatic and rarely consequential and no one ever gets hurt. The conditions in New York are ripe for a little billionaire rivalry, and new Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov hasn't disappointed -- he mocked Knicks owner James Dolan as "that little man" in an interview with New York Magazine. Dolan has yet to respond, perhaps preferring to let his team speak for him. The Nets were rather awful last season, while the Knicks were at least a playoff team -- and if Amare Stoudemire has anything to say about it, they'll be more than that this season. The Nets are looking to rapidly catch up with the Knicks, however. Has the balance of power changed in New York?
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 11:00 AMBig 12 Coaches Chat
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PMNASCAR's Brad Keselowski
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz