This is not how Penn State wanted to begin its new era -- losing at home to a team from outside the BCS power conferences. But the Nittany Lions could not hang onto an 11-point lead Saturday as Ohio University's Tyler Tettleton threw for 324 yards and accounted for three TDs as the Bobcats rallied to spoil Bill O'Brien's Penn State coaching debut. Does the loss spell disaster for the Nittany Lions, or can they rebound in the weeks to come as they try to rebuild a program rocked by scandal?
Ohio University refused to play the role of opening-day cupcakes, rallying from a 14-3 deficit for a road win.
Can Lions rebound?
Penn State's Matt McGloin threw for 260 yards, but it wasn't enough. Can he help the Nittany Lions beat Virginia next week in Charlottetown?
Room for improvement
Penn State settled down early and took the lead, but couldn't hold on. What must they do differently next time?
It's just one game
Can Penn State shake off its rough start and put together a winning season?
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
- Michelle Beadle retweeted
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 11:00 AMBig 12 Coaches Chat
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PMNASCAR's Brad Keselowski
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz