The Yankees and the Orioles find themselves tied again atop the AL East, but not without controversy. Mark Teixeira appeared to be safe diving into first base on the game-ending play. Had he been called safe, the Yankees would've tied the game. Instead, they fell back into a tie with the Orioles, with the Rays looming just two games back. Still, it wasn't all good news for Baltimore. Can the O's survive the injury to Nick Markakis? And does baseball need expanded replay?
Out At First
Mark Teixeira was called out on a controversial play to end the Yankees' loss to the Orioles. Would instant replay have saved the day for New York?
Nick Markakis broke his thumb in the win over the Yankees and is expected to miss the next six weeks, putting a dent in Baltimore's playoff hopes.
Off The Mark
Adding injury to insult, Mark Teixeira will be out until at least Friday with an injured left calf, and could miss the remainder of the regular season.
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 12:00 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 1:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 1:30 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMFootball guru Mel Kiper
- 3:00 PMNCAA FB with Ted Miller
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy NFL
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Matt Fortuna
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz