Right, let's talk about the replacement referees. We're not sure that they've actually changed the outcome of a game yet, but that's kind of a low bar to set for their performance, you know? We could talk about a million different things -- the constant conferences, the barely passing familiarity with the rules, the lack of respect shown to them by pretty much everybody. Heck, Bill Belichick actually grabbed at one of them at the end of the Patriots' loss to the Ravens. While the referees may have gotten the call he was complaining about right (and you can't review a field goal that goes over the uprights anyway), is this just another sign of the NFL's rapidly growing officiating problem?
Like anything else in life, refereeing gets easier with experience. Have these refs improved at all since Week 1?
Making contact with an official is a big no-no, but did you see Belichick's frustration as justified?
Reviewable field goal?
A field goal that passes over the uprights is one of the few scoring plays that cannot be reviewed. Is that fair?
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 11:00 AMNCAA BB with Jeff Goodman
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 1:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PMNHL with Katie Strang
- 3:00 PMSeahawks with Blount
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMNFL Draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on NCAAW
- 2:00 PMBracketologist Joe Lunardi
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 4:00 PMNFL Insider KC Joyner
BEST OF THE BEST
Revis vs. Ware?
Which player has a brighter NFL future: Darrelle Revis, or DeMarcus Ware? Vote! »