While the Giants have a 14.4 percent chance of making the playoffs, according to ESPN.com's playoff predictor , the critics will tell you the Giants don't deserve to make the playoffs after posting a first-half record of 6-2 and then going 2-5 down the stretch. Giants fans, however, will kindly remind you of the 2007 season, when the team went through stretches of 0-2, 6-0 and 4-4 in the regular season on the way to a Super Bowl victory. So maybe it doesn't matter how you get there, as long as you get there. The Giants will be thinking about that on Sunday as they try to take care of business against the Eagles at 1 p.m. ET and then turn their attention to the scoreboard, since New York needs assistance from the Lions, Packers and Redskins.
The hardest part?
The Giants have no one to blame but themselves for needing help in the final week, especially after being outscored 67-14 in the last two weeks.
Giants at Eagles?
The Giants are seven-point favorites, but they lost to the Eagles 19-17 in Week 4. The Eagles also will have Michael Vick at QB.
Cowboys at Redskins?
The Redskins are three-point favorites and have won six straight games; they defeated the Cowboys 38-31 on Thanksgiving.
Packers at Vikings?
The Packers are three-point favorites; they defeated the Vikings 23-14 in Week 13. Adrian Peterson will play with a strained abdominal muscle.
Bears at Lions?
The Bears are three-point favorites; they defeated the Lions 13-7 in Week 7. The Lions have lost seven in a row and were outscored 69-28 in their last two.
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:40 AMUFC's Chris Weidman
- 12:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 2:00 PMNHL with Pierre LeBrun
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on WNBA
- 2:00 PMFootball Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMNCAA FB with Ted Miller
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Adelson
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy FB