While the Giants have a 14.4 percent chance of making the playoffs, according to ESPN.com's playoff predictor , the critics will tell you the Giants don't deserve to make the playoffs after posting a first-half record of 6-2 and then going 2-5 down the stretch. Giants fans, however, will kindly remind you of the 2007 season, when the team went through stretches of 0-2, 6-0 and 4-4 in the regular season on the way to a Super Bowl victory. So maybe it doesn't matter how you get there, as long as you get there. The Giants will be thinking about that on Sunday as they try to take care of business against the Eagles at 1 p.m. ET and then turn their attention to the scoreboard, since New York needs assistance from the Lions, Packers and Redskins.
The hardest part?
The Giants have no one to blame but themselves for needing help in the final week, especially after being outscored 67-14 in the last two weeks.
Giants at Eagles?
The Giants are seven-point favorites, but they lost to the Eagles 19-17 in Week 4. The Eagles also will have Michael Vick at QB.
Cowboys at Redskins?
The Redskins are three-point favorites and have won six straight games; they defeated the Cowboys 38-31 on Thanksgiving.
Packers at Vikings?
The Packers are three-point favorites; they defeated the Vikings 23-14 in Week 13. Adrian Peterson will play with a strained abdominal muscle.
Bears at Lions?
The Bears are three-point favorites; they defeated the Lions 13-7 in Week 7. The Lions have lost seven in a row and were outscored 69-28 in their last two.
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 12:00 PMHall of Famer 'Nique
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Jake Trotter
- 1:00 PMSweetSpot's Schoenfield
- 1:00 PMCowboys with Taylor
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMNHL with Craig Custance
- 2:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Stephania Bell
- 3:00 PMNBA with Michael Wallace
- 3:00 PMNHL with Katie Strang
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 12:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 1:00 PMBoxers Macklin, Tapia
- 2:00 PMFootball guru Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on NCAAW
- 2:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNCAA FB with Ted Miller
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMDolphins with Walker
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy NFL
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Matt Fortuna
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
BEST OF THE BEST
Who had the best triple-double -- Michael Carter-Williams, or Victor Oladipo? Cast your votes! »