It's been an interesting few days for athletes on Twitter, the popular social media and networking platform. Kobe Bryant, a longtime Twitter holdout, joined the service and picked up more than a half-million followers overnight, then quickly began using Twitter in interesting ways. Texans running back Arian Foster has been a longtime Twitter user and changed his avatar to make note of a column critical of the Texans. And it seems no one is more popular on Twitter these days than A.J. McCarron's girlfriend -- to the point that LeBron James took notice. So what do you think of these moves? And is Twitter good for athletes? Cast your votes!
Fighting or Fighting Words?
Kobe Bryant posted this "fight" picture to his account, while Arian Foster changed his avatar to quotes from a critical column, both examples of players using Twitter to tweak the media.
Better superstar Twitter follower?
On Monday, Kobe Bryant -- who just joined Twitter -- began following random Lakers fans. That night, LeBron James followed A.J. McCarron's girlfriend, who now has more than 140,000 followers.
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Jake Trotter
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Schlabach
- 1:00 PMNHL with Craig Custance
- 1:30 PMPTI co-host Michael Wilbon
- 1:30 PMESPNChicago Bears Chat
- 2:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Stephania Bell
- 3:00 PMNBA with Michael Wallace
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 1:00 PMCowboys with Taylor
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 3:00 PMNHL with Katie Strang
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 2:00 PMFootball guru Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on WNBA
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNCAA FB with Ted Miller
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMDolphins with Walker
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy NFL
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Adelson
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky