Tom Brady will be a New England Patriot for life. That wasn't really in question before Monday, but the three-time Super Bowl champ reportedly agreed to a three-year contract extension that keeps him with the only organization he's ever played for through the 2017 season. Brady also took less money in the deal, lowering his cap charge from a league-high $21.8 million to approximately $13.8 million in 2013. Can the Patriots now use the savings to surround Brady with a team capable of winning the Super Bowl for the first time since 2004?
Leaving money on the table?
Tom Brady took less money to stay with New England in 2005, and he's doing it again, lowering his cap hit by about $8 million.
Brady or Flacco?
Joe Flacco was looking for "Tom Brady money" in free agency. But now "Tom Brady money" is a lot less than it was before Brady's new deal.
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 12:45 PMUFC's Chris Weidman
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 2:00 PMNHL with Pierre LeBrun
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on WNBA
- 2:00 PMFootball Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMDolphins with Walker
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Adelson
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy FB