Terrell Owens took to Twitter last night to announce his workout with Tom Brady and Matt Cassel at USC. ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter believes it was just a workout and nothing more, but that got us to thinking: After not playing the past two seasons and at the age of 39, could T.O. still contribute to a NFL team at an elite level?
Enough left in the tank?
Terrell Owens was in the top 20 in receiving yards and catches in 2010. If paired with the right QB, he may still be able to gross good numbers.
Worth the gamble?
Owens has been somewhat of a nuisance at most of his NFL stops, but his production usually made up for any distractions.
A perfect match?
The Patriots have revamped their wide receiver corps this offseason. This could be a perfect time for Owens to prove he can still contribute.
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMNFL draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on WNBA
- 3:00 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 3:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy FB