No game's outcome is a given -- that's why they're played, after all -- but a lot would have to go wrong for a big-time program like Ohio State to lose against a team, like, say, Florida A&M. Pretty much nothing went wrong, of course, and Ohio State beat FAMU 76-0. That wasn't even the only 70-point performance this weekend -- Louisville beat Florida International 72-0, Baylor knocked off Louisiana-Monroe 70-7, and Miami dispatched Savannah State 77-7. Ivan Maisel gave faint praise to the teams taking advantage of easy schedules this weekend, but cupcake scheduling does have its benefits. Those teams didn't go up against a bunch of top-25 behemoths for nothing, after all (Ohio St. paid FAMU $900,000, for example, and Miami paid Savannah State $375,000 for their matchup).
Here's a sampling of what readers had to say in our Facebook conversation on the story:
What do you think? Leave your comments below.
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 2:00 PMNFL Draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMNASCAR with Ryan McGee
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 4:00 PMNFL Insider KC Joyner
- 12:00 PMBoxing with Dan Rafael
- 12:00 PMNHL with Pierre LeBrun
- 1:00 PMRichard Durrett on Rangers
- 1:00 PMRams with Nick Wagoner
- 1:00 PMNCAA BB 'Giant Killers'
- 2:00 PMBulls with Nick Friedell
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMBracketologist Joe Lunardi
- 2:15 PMGolf analyst Andy North
- 3:00 PMJaguars with Mike DiRocco
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Kevin Pelton
BEST OF THE BEST
Which fans were better dancers at Tuesday night's Alabama/Kentucky matchup? Vote! »