Did NCAA punish Miami fairly?
It took more than two years, but one of the NCAA's messier recent chapters is over now that college sports' governing body has punished Miami for recruiting violations connected to convicted swindler and former Hurricanes booster Nevin Shapiro. The discipline included scholarship losses in football and basketball and a five-game suspension for current Missouri basketball coach Frank Haith. But there's no bowl ban for the Hurricanes, who sat out two postseasons as self-punishment while awaiting a ruling.
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
- Michelle Beadle retweeted
THIS WEEK'S CHATSFriday, July 18Tuesday, July 22Wednesday, July 23Thursday, July 24
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 11:00 AMBig 12 Coaches Chat
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PMNASCAR's Brad Keselowski
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz