Jul 19, 2004, 11:44 AM
The Page 2 Sports Jeopardy Challenge
Ken Jennings has won over 30 consecutive games on "Jeopardy," totaling winnings over $1 million. But could he answer these sports trivia questions?
How did you do?
1) Records for $200. A: 7
How many Cy Young Awards has Roger Clemens won?
How many no-hitters did Nolan Ryan throw?
How many consecutive World Series have the Red Sox lost?
How many times was Billy Martin fired as Yankees manager?
2) Records for $400. A: Two players in their sport to be rookie of year and MVP in same season
Who are Jim Brown and Marcus Allen?
Who are Wilt Chamberlain and Larry Bird?
Who are Fred Lynn and Ichiro Suzuki?
Who are Anna Kournikova and Maria Sharapova?
3) Records for $600. A: This player has won the most NBA MVP Awards (6)
Who is Bill Russell?
Who is Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
Who is Magic Johnson?
Who is Michael Jordan?
4) Records for $800. A: The only kicker to be named NFL MVP by the AP
Who is Mark Moseley?
Who is Jan Stenerud?
Who is Morten Andersen?
Who is Gus?
5) Records for $1,000. A: 17
How many fumbles did Wichita State have in a 1969 football game?
How many turnovers did Jason Kidd have in one NBA game?
How many walks did Bruno Haas have in one MLB game?
How many days were Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra married?
6) Nicknames for $200. A: The Galloping Ghost
Who is Red Grange?
Who is O.J. Simpson?
Who is Billy Casper?
Who is Secretariat?
7) Nicknames for $400. A: Crazy Legs
Who is Katarina Witt?
Who is David Thompson?
Who is Gale Sayers?
Who is Elroy Hirsch?
8) Nicknames for $600. A: The Mad Hungarian
Who is Ilie Nastase?
Who is Al Hrabosky?
Who is Bill Veeck?
Who is Oliver Miller?
9) Nicknames for $800. A: The Polish Rifle
Who is Carl Yastrzemski?
Who is Steve Bartkowski?
Who is Ron Jaworski?
Who is Moe Drabowsky?
10) Nicknames for $1,000. A: The Ice Maiden
Who is Nancy Kerrigan?
Who is Tonya Harding?
Who is Pavel Bure?
Who is Chris Evert?
11) Potent Potables for $200. A: Not a member of the Miller Lite All-Stars
Who is Billy Martin?
Who is Mickey Mantle?
Who is Deacon Jones?
Who is Carl Eller?
12) Potent Potables for $400. A: Yankees broadcaster Mel Allen's signature home run call
What is 'That Bud's for a lucky fan in the bleachers!'?
What is 'A Ballantine Blast!'?
What is 'A Schlitz Shot!'?
What is 'Hand me another beer because I just wet my pants!'?
13) Potent Potables for $600. A: Budweiser's sports advertising budget last year
What is $195 million?
What is $275 million?
What is $235 million?
What is a staggering amount but less than a beer costs at most ballparks?
14) Potent Potables for $800. A: The White Sox outfielder who had a cup of beer spilled on him when a fan reached out for a home run in the 1959 World Series
Who is Jim Rivera?
Who is Jim Landis?
Who is Al Smith?
Who is Johnny Callison?
15) Potent Potables for $1,000. A: Billy Martin did not fight this person
Who is a marshmallow salesman in a Minnesota bar?
Who is his pitcher, Dave Boswell, in a Detroit bar?
Who is his pitcher, Ed Whitson, in a Baltimore bar?
Who is a bowler in the Copacabana ?
16) Geography for $200. A: Chisholm, Minnesota
Where was Jesse 'The Body' Ventura born?
Where did Bob Dylan write 'Hurricane,' about boxer Ruben 'Hurricane' Carter?
Where did Moonlight Graham die?
Where is owner Carl Pohlad threatening to move the Twins if Minneapolis doesn't build him a new stadium?
17) Geography for $400. A: Everett High School
Where did Magic Johnson go to high school?
Who did Hickory High beat in the state semifinals in 'Hoosiers'?
Who holds the national record for consecutive victories in prep dodgeball?
Where did John Wooden begin his coaching career?
18) Geography for $600. A: Pskov, Russia
Where was Maria Sharapova born?
Where was Sergei Federov born?
Where was Anna Kournikova born?
Where will Rickey Henderson play next?
19) Geography for $800. A: McLean Federal Correctional Institution
Where was Denny McLain incarcerated?
Where was Pete Rose incarcerated?
Where was Mike Tyson incarcerated?
What is the next site on the NFL expansion list?
20) Geography for $1,000. A: Brotherhood Park
What was the name of the site where Cincinnati's Crosley Field was built?
What was the name of the site where San Diego's Jack Murphy Stadium was built?
What was the name of the site where New York's Polo Grounds was built?
What was the location where Bud Selig and Donald Fehr signed baseball's labor deal in 2002?
21) Movies for $200. A: 'Eight Men Out'
What is the working title for the 2004 Expos documentary?
What is a movie based on Eliot Asinof's book?
What is a documentary on the USA's track relay teams?
What is Jennifer Lopez's made-for-TV biopic?
22) Movies for $400. A: Iowa cornfields
What is the setting for 'Field of Dreams'?
What is the setting for 'The Natural'?
What is the setting for 'Cyclone: The Larry Eustachy Story'?
What is the setting for 'White Men Can't Jump II'?
23) Movies for $600. A: A golfer on the downside of his career who makes one last run at a U.S. Open title
Who is Tiger Woods?
Who is Roy McAvoy?
Who is Bagger Vance?
Who is Ty Webb?
24) Movies for $800. A: The Bears' main rival in 'The Bad News Bears'
Who were Chico's Bail Bonds?
Who were the Dodgers?
Who were the Yankees?
Who were Cesar Cedeno and Bob Watson?
25) Movies for $1,000. A: Crash Davis' first lesson to Nuke LaLoosh in 'Bull Durham'
What is 'Don't think, it can only hurt the ballclub'?
What is 'Annie only wants you so she can boss you around'?
What is 'You're gonna have to learn your cliches'?
What is 'Relax, don't try and strike everyone out'?
26) Potpourri for $200. A: Between 1949 and 1953, Charleston, S.C., hosted a bowl game named after this poisonous halogen element
What is beryllium?
What is plutonium?
What is cobalt?
What is iodine?
27) Potpourri for $400. A: 65,000
How many fans did the St. Louis Browns draw in 1944?
How many glasses of beer did Cleveland fans drink on 10-cent beer night in 1974?
How much does Alex Rodriguez make per plate appearance?
How many hot dogs has Bud Selig eaten since 1984?
28) Potpourri for $600. A: Urban Shocker
Who is a Yankees and Browns pitcher of the 1910s and '20s?
What is the fact that the Houston Astros, in a city that is 17 percent black, have no African-American players?
What was the idea that the Los Angeles Clippers might have stolen Kobe Bryant from the Lakers?
What is the fact that the New York Mets are in a pennant race?
29) Potpourri for $800. A: When he was President, Jimmy Carter was attacked by this animal while fishing
What is an alligator?
What is a small-mouthed bass?
What is a water snake?
What is a bunny rabbit?
30) Potpourri for $1,000. A: Static Apnea
What is Don Zimmer's chronic sleep disorder?
What is the sport in which athletes go underwater and hold their breath for as long as possible?
What is the name of the alternative rock band that performed 'The Star-Spangled Banner' before a minor league baseball game dressed only in jock straps?
What happens to Oakland fans when one of the A's relief pitchers is summoned from the bullpen to protect a lead?
31) FINAL JEOPARDY. A: The man who pinch-ran for Ray Chapman after he was hit by the Carl Mays pitch that killed him
Who is Joe Sewell?
Who is Harry Lunte?
Who is Pinch Thomas?
Who is Casey Stengel?
You must be signed in to post a comment
Need an account?
Forgot your username/password?
Already have an account?
Sign In with Facebook
You are fully responsible for the content you post. Content that includes profanity, personal attacks or antisocial behavior (such as "spamming" or "trolling"), or other inappropriate content or material will be removed. We reserve the right to block any user who violates our
, including removing all content posted by that user.
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
Friday, July 22
NBA Insider Kevin Pelton
Boxing with Dan Rafael
Advertise on ESPN.com
Sales Media Kit
Jobs at ESPN
© 2016 ESPN Internet Ventures.
Your California Privacy Rights
are applicable to you. All rights reserved.