LeBron's block: Your life equivalents
LeBron James had a block for the ages on Tiago Splitter late in Game 2 of the NBA Finals.
Splitter took off for a one-handed, rim-rattling dunk that was going to serve notice that the Spurs weren't going away … and then it all went suddenly and horribly awry. But it was more than a block. Watch it again above. James' block on Splitter is the visual approximation of many life scenarios.
• A bird sees the biggest and most beautifully furnished birdhouse it has ever seen. Oh, no. Bay window. Splat.
• With most precincts reporting, your candidate has a significant lead. He's going to win! All of the high population centers report last. He ends up getting crushed.
• You see a bright light at the end of a dark tunnel. It must be heaven! It's a freight train.
• The Lakers' preseason. The Lakers' season.
• A Hollywood director wants to make a movie out of your screenplay! You find out the director is M. Night Shyamalan.
• Big Ten football's regular season. Big Ten football's bowl season.
• The famous scene from "The Crying Game."
• Water! Cool and refreshing water as far as the eye can see! No. Desert mirage. You die of dehydration and sun exposure.
• You worked for a month on your term paper. Your hard drive fries the night before it's due and you never backed it up.
• The Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 against the Bruins.
• You feel you are due a raise and a promotion and your boss calls you into her office. She tells you you're being laid off.
• The "Red Wedding" episode of "Game of Thrones."
• You have the first few numbers correct in the $500 million Powerball! All of your dreams are going to come true! You don't have the Powerball. You're still poor.
• A delicious meal. Food poisoning.
• Your team has the No. 1 overall pick in a can't-miss draft. It ends up with Greg Oden.
• The most attractive woman you have ever seen is making eye contact with you. She's smiling at you and mouthing words at you. Now she's walking right at you. This is your lucky night. You stand up to talk to her and … oh, there she goes. It was the guy behind you.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- NCAA council OKs unlimited meals, snacks
- Hoax device left at Boston race site; man held
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Robinson debut
- Griffin's 16th technical triggers 1-game ban
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 12:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PM'Nation's Michelle Beadle
- 1:45 PMFilmmaker Ken Burns
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on NCAAW
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy FB
BEST OF THE BEST
Which moment was better -- Mason Plumlee's block, or Geno Auriemma's latest title? Vote! »