- DJ Gallo, ESPN.com
- 0 Shares
SEC media days are at an end. Let's see how well you paid attention with this quiz on the top quotes from the three-day SEC love-in.
1. "Welcome to the unofficial kickoff of the 2013 college football season."
a) Nick Saban, after his first condescending glare to reporters of the year
b) Steve Spurrier, after not having the time to play 36 holes of golf in a single day for the first time since South Carolina's bowl game
c) SEC commissioner Mike Slive, in his opening remarks at SEC media days
2. "I feel like I am on a little bit higher pedestal than most people in college football. But at the same time ... I'm still going to do things that everyone in college does and continue to live my life. Hopefully people don't hold me to a higher standard than that."
a) The official slogan of the SEC
c) Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel
3. "[It's] not like I'm Tim Tebow and have terrible mechanics."
a) No one in the SEC would make a Tebow joke
b) The guy is forever a hero there!
c) LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger
4. "I had a great vacation. Then I get the opportunity to come here and see 1,200 of my very closest friends."
a) Kentucky's Mark Stoops on getting to coach in front of the Wildcats' home crowd
b) Johnny Manziel on going clubbing
c) Nick Saban, sarcastically addressing the media
5. "Can I get him? Yes, I can get him. How do I approach him? Full speed. He gotta make a move. I'm going straight. I make him make a move. I'm going to try to hit him in the mouth."
a) Nick Saban, on landing a five-star recruit
b) Mike Slive, on meeting Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany
c) Jadeveon Clowney, on tackling Johnny Manziel
6. "We're looking forward to Aug. 31. They disrespected our field celebrating that they won."
a) Kentucky running back Raymond Sanders on this year's rematch with Western Kentucky
b) Ha! No. No way an SEC football team lost to Western Kentucky.
c) Oh, wow. It's true.
7. "The lower the better."
a) Les Miles, on the best age to start recruiting players
b) Kevin Sumlin, on Johnny Manziel's blood-alcohol level
c) Arkansas coach Bret Bielema, on where he wants to be ranked in the preseason
8. "I don't get caught up in social media. That's not how I was raised."
a) Your senile grandfather
b) A mature-for-his-age 4-year-old born in the age of Twitter
c) Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron, born in 1990
9. "You can put them in your pocket. If you hit the right buttons, you can talk to people."
a) Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron, talking about computers
b) Your senile grandfather, talking about computers
c) LSU coach Les Miles, talking about computers
10. "He's a dictator."
a) An LSU fan criticizing Nick Saban
b) An Auburn fan criticizing Nick Saban
c) An Alabama fan attempting to compliment Nick Saban
Answer Key: All of the answers are "C." As long as you got one right, you passed and are eligible for the season. And even if you got zero right, you can still be eligible with a little tutoring or a sympathetic professor. Congratulations!
13hMarc Stein and Ramona Shelburne