Gallo: College tailgating recipes
College football season and tailgating go hand in hand. But why not take your tailgate to the next level with some food and drink recipes made with the college football fan in mind?
Here are 10 recipes for your next college football tailgate.
Saban Steak Sliders
Put a bunch of pieces of Grade A steak on the grill. Do not turn on the grill. Just scowl and glare at the meat until the white-hot heat of your scorn and disappointment sets them aflame. Cook until someone douses you and the grill with Gatorade.
American Athletic Conference Chili
Get a bunch of leftovers out of the fridge that no one wanted. Dump them all into a pot, stir them together and warm. Then hope for the best.
Jadeveon Clowney Tailgate Feast
Show up at a tailgate and hit someone as hard as you possibly can, preferably launching them backward several feet. Now everyone else at the tailgate will fear you. Tell them to bring you food and drinks for the rest of the day or they're next.
Bo Pelini Veal Burgers
Get some young meat, grind it up, form it into patties and put it on the grill. But first marinate the meat with your signature sauce: your spit, dispersed by screaming as long and loud as you can.
SEC Nonconference Cupcakes
Bake a batch of cupcakes and use icing to decorate the cupcakes with the team logos of Austin Peay, Murray State, Samford, Furman and other SEC nonconference opponents.
Use Grade A beef patties and cook them on the grill. The important part is the presentation. Instead of a traditional bun, try pita bread. Or lettuce. Or whatever you want. Get weird. Can a bun be two CDs you have laying around? Can a bun be a couple of bedazzled drink coasters? Sure, why not. The point is to get your burger noticed. Note: This recipe can also be modified using scrap meat and an eye-catching bun. Those are called Maryland Burgers.
Urban Meyer Sushi
Serve up a bunch of raw meat. If anyone gets violently ill, make the point that you did all you could do.
BCS Title Game Combo
Make a table full of delicious food: meat, appetizers, grilled vegetables, salsa and desserts. It should look like a feast fit for a king. But only let everyone put two of the items on their plate.
Get some neighborhood kids to make a batch of lemonade. Set up a table and some chairs so they can sell the lemonade. Keep all of the money they make. Send them on their way content with the knowledge that you taught them about running a business.
Johnny Manziel Sun Tea
Sign some autographs in exchange for a glass pitcher, tea bags and mint. Fill the pitcher with the tea bags, mint and water. Let it sit in the sun for one half. Then serve and enjoy!
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Four QBs, two RBs named Heisman finalists
- Shanahan mulls sitting RG III for rest of '13
- Gronk on IR; torn ACL, MCL, source says
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 12:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 1:00 PMBoxers Macklin, Tapia
- 2:00 PMFootball guru Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on NCAAW
- 2:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNCAA FB with Ted Miller
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMDolphins with Walker
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy NFL
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Matt Fortuna
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
BEST OF THE BEST
Who had the best triple-double -- Michael Carter-Williams, or Victor Oladipo? Cast your votes! »