How closely were you following tennis this year? Take our quiz and find out. See link for answers below.
B. Year-end championships
2. On which surface did Rafael Nadal have the highest winning percentage?
A. Outdoor hard court
C. Indoor hard court
3. Serena won her 11th title of the season at the year-end championships. How many combined titles did the other seven players at the tournament win?
5. Though there was no chair umpire to record the score, Benjamin Balleret and Guillaume Couillard played what is believed to be the longest tiebreaker in professional tennis, at a Futures event in Plantation, Fla. What was the final tally?
6. Who was the last British player to win any of the main events at Wimbledon before Andy Murray?
A. Jamie Murray
B. Jonathan Murray
C. Virginia Wade
D. Jo Durie and Jeremy Bates
7. Marion Bartoli won Wimbledon, becoming the WTA player with the most Grand Slams played before finally winning one. How many had she taken part in?
8. Which WTA player is not currently dating another athlete?
9. Wild Wednesday at Wimbledon was the most eventful day of the year in tennis. In addition to the defeats of Federer, Nadal and Sharapova, how many players retired or pulled out of their matches?
10. Pop star Redfoo featured Victoria Azarenka's famous, high-pitched grunt in a single this year. What key did he say it was in?
11. There were two first-time Grand Slam semifinalists on the men's tour this year. Jerzy Janowicz and who else?
12. There were three first-time Grand Slam semifinalists on the women's tour this year. Who was not one of them?
13. The ITF celebrated 100 years since its founding. Which of the following team competitions does it hold?
A. Davis Cup
B. Fed Cup
C. Hopman Cup
D. All of the above
14. Sergiy Stakhovsky made headlines at Wimbledon for his upset of Federer and at the French Open for doing what?
A. Asking for more prize money
B. Taking a picture of a ball mark
C. Staging a sit-in in the referee's office
D. Losing an arm wrestling contest against Serena Williams
15. For the first time, there was a week this year with no American men ranked in the top 20. John Isner was the highest-ranked American with what ranking?
A. No. 21
B. No. 22
C. No. 28
D. No. 41
16. The retired Andy Roddick took up a gig on a sports talk show and revealed that he had once angrily pushed Djokovic up against a locker after a match at which event?
A. 2008 US Open
B. 2009 Australian Open
C. 2010 Cincinnati
D. The Hit for Haiti exhibition at the Australian Open in 2010
17. These players all retired this year. Who made a Grand Slam final?
18. Nicolas Mahut won his first two ATP titles this year at the age of 31. On which surface were they won?
D. Hard court
19. These following significant events in tennis history all took place 40 years ago except one. Which?
A. ATP boycott of Wimbledon
B. Formation of the ATP
C. Battle of the Sexes exhibition match
D. Formation of the WTA
A. More than 10 years
B. More than 20 years
C. More than 25 years
D. More than 30 years
21. How many titles on the ATP tour this season were won by players over 30?
22. The Bryans set a record for most Grand Slam titles won as a team. How many do they have?
23. Bernard Tomic's father, John, was accused by Tomic's hitting partner, Thomas Drouet, of breaking Drouet's nose with what body part?
24. Novak Djokovic became engaged to his longtime girlfriend this year. What is her name?
A. Mirka Vavrinec
B. Maria Francisca Perello
C. Jelena Ristic
D. Kim Sears
25. All these players announced new coaches during the offseason. Who is the only one not working with a former Grand Slam champion?
A. Richard Gasquet
B. David Ferrer
C. Novak Djokovic
D. Kei Nishikori