INDEPENDENCE BOWL: AIR FORCE vs. GEORGIA TECH, DEC. 27, 5 P.M. ET
• Stadium name: Independence Stadium
• Address: 3301 Pershing Blvd., Shreveport, LA 71109
• Capacity: 49,147
• Opened: 1925 (renovated 2001)
• Surface: FieldTurf
• Tickets: Buy tickets
• Passport: Are you going? »
• Driving distance to Texas Bowl in Houston: 245 miles, 4½ hours
• Distance from downtown Shreveport: Stadium is 4 miles southwest of downtown.
• Websites: Bowl site | Stadium | Seating chart | Directions | Parking | Twitter
• TV: ESPN2
• AT&T Pep Rally, Dec. 26, 4:30 p.m. local time, CenturyTel Center in Bossier City
The Battle of the Bands highlights this free event the night before the game.
FOOD & DRINK
1833 Pierre Ave.
Shreveport, LA 71103
318-424-2724 | website
A hole-in-the-wall restaurant, Herby-K's has been serving up po'boys and burgers since 1936. The beer is frosty cold and poured in goblets. Try the famous shrimp buster.
Sam's Southern Eatery
3500 Jewella Ave.
Shreveport, LA 71109
318-631-3200 | website
Sam's is considered one of the best spots in town for fried seafood. The portions are huge. The 3N3 -- three shrimp and three fish -- is one of the most popular items on the menu. There are several Sam's locations in the area.
120 Texas St.
Shreveport, LA 71101
318-226-8747 | website
This local hangout near the boardwalk features Cajun and Creole food and a weekday happy hour from 3 to 7 p.m.
Shreveport-Bossier City has five casinos and one racetrack/casino -- Horseshoe Hotel & Casino, Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Diamond Jack's Casino Resort, Eldorado Casino Resort, Boomtown Casino and Harrah's Louisiana Downs. All offer table games, slots and restaurants and are open 24 hours.