- TVLISTINGS - What is ESPN Regional TV?

Network Listings
ESPN Classic
ESPN Latin America
ESPN Pacific Rim
ESPN GamePlan
ESPN Full Court
ESPN Regional TV
MLS/ESPN Shootout
ESPN Extra
Up Close
Outside the Lines weekly show
Baseball Tonight
NFL 2Night
NHL 2Night
RPM 2Night
ESPN Outdoors
ESPN's Great Outdoor Games
 Wednesday, August 16
What is ESPN Regional TV?
 ESPN-owned Creative Sports, a sports marketing, syndication and production company for television, has changed its name to ESPN Regional Television. The announcement was made by Steve Bornstein, ESPN president and chief executive officer, and Chuck Gerber, executive vice president/general manager of OCC & ESPN Regional Television.

"Adding ESPN's name - which has tremendous value in the sports marketplace - will be a great benefit to our division," said Gerber.

ESPN Regional Television produces 500 sports programs a year for a variety of outlets, including ESPN, ESPN2, ABC, CBS and NBC. The largest syndicator of college sports programming in the U.S., ESPN Regional Television's rights include the Big East, Big Ten, Big 12 and Conference USA, in addition to several other conferences, along with institutional marketing agreements with the University of Kansas, Iowa State University and the University of South Florida.

ESPN Regional Television also manages four college basketball events - the Gatorade Rock & Roll Shootout (Cleveland), the Las Vegas Shootout, the Tampa Bay Shootout and the University of Kansas Shootout (Kansas City).

For ESPN and ESPN2, ESPN Regional Television produces select college basketball and football games (including the pay subscription ESPN FULL COURTTM and ESPN GamePlanTM packages), NASCAR and Arena Football League programming.

ESPN Regional Television's on-air logo will appear as the more graphically appealing "ESPN+Plus."

ESPN acquired the Charlotte, N.C.-based company in May 1994.

ESPN, Inc. is 80 percent owned by ABC, Inc., which is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company. The Hearst Corporation has the remaining 20 percent interest in ESPN.

ESPN Regional TV


ERT college football master schedule