ESPN NASCAR analyst Ricky Craven says that after being eliminated in the first playoff round, Jimmie Johnson has what it takes to get back to championship contending next season, but the missing pieces might be needed crew members in the garage.
Can Jimmie Johnson ever get back to title contending?
Harvick dominates Dover, advances to next round
With the pressure on, Harvick wins and advances
Defending champ Harvick in trouble
Stewart: Decision to retire was '100 percent mine'
What is Tony Stewart's legacy?
Hamlin: 'It was a heck of a comeback for sure'
Dale Jr. feeling confident chasing first title
Jimmie Johnson gearing up for Chase pressures
Gordon's successful but turbulent career
Which NASCAR driver has most work to do before the Chase?
Stewart claims he didn't see Ward Jr. before accident
Is Logano championship worthy?
Michael Waltrip Racing won't field team next season
Danica excited with Stewart-Haas extension, new sponsorship
Remembering NASCAR legend Buddy Baker
- Ailing Hasselbeck gets nod over injured Luck
- (00:45) Today, 10:40 AM ET
- Is Adrian Peterson having a historic season?
- (02:12) Today, 01:23 PM ET
- Can the 49ers cut ties with Kaepernick?
- (03:36) Today, 01:07 PM ET
- Brady's offense hard to prepare for
- (01:32) Today, 12:52 PM ET
- Kiper: No more excuses for Tannehill
- (00:57) Today, 12:03 PM ET
- Jack: Felt like I did enough for UCLA
- (00:49) Today, 08:35 AM ET
- Spurrier: We wanted to do the right thing
- (00:42) Yesterday, 01:20 PM ET
- Matich: Fournette deserves to be compared to legends
- (01:07) Yesterday, 05:27 PM ET
- Matich on Goff: Insane the things he does
- (01:30) Yesterday, 02:08 PM ET
- Jack: Wasn't thinking about NFL prior to injury
- (00:58) Today, 08:50 AM ET
- Arrieta shuts down Pirates to advance Cubs to NLDS
- (04:11) Today, 12:26 AM ET
- Arrieta, Cubs riding momentum into St. Louis
- (02:04) Yesterday, 11:30 PM ET
- Braden: Arrieta turns in 'unconscious' effort against Pirates
- (01:20) Today, 12:58 AM ET
- Kershaw gets Game 1 nod
- (02:26) Yesterday, 12:21 PM ET
- Astros blank Yankees in wild-card game
- (03:52) Yesterday, 12:22 AM ET