ESPN NASCAR analyst Ricky Craven says that after being eliminated in the first playoff round, Jimmie Johnson has what it takes to get back to championship contending next season, but the missing pieces might be needed crew members in the garage.
Can Jimmie Johnson ever get back to title contending?
Harvick dominates Dover, advances to next round
With the pressure on, Harvick wins and advances
Defending champ Harvick in trouble
Stewart: Decision to retire was '100 percent mine'
What is Tony Stewart's legacy?
Hamlin: 'It was a heck of a comeback for sure'
Dale Jr. feeling confident chasing first title
Jimmie Johnson gearing up for Chase pressures
Gordon's successful but turbulent career
Which NASCAR driver has most work to do before the Chase?
Stewart claims he didn't see Ward Jr. before accident
Is Logano championship worthy?
Michael Waltrip Racing won't field team next season
Danica excited with Stewart-Haas extension, new sponsorship
Remembering NASCAR legend Buddy Baker
- Johnson, Hasselbeck shine in Colts' win
- (01:39) Today, 12:06 AM ET
- Hilton, Colts improve to 2-0 without Luck
- (00:50) Yesterday, 11:45 PM ET
- What do the Texans have to do to get a win?
- (00:50) Today, 12:02 AM ET
- Johnson, Hoyer awarded game balls
- (02:42) Today, 01:12 AM ET
- 49ers' Brooks out Sunday following sister's death
- (00:34) Yesterday, 03:32 PM ET
- Huskies knock off No. 17 Trojans
- (01:01) Today, 12:32 AM ET
- Administration 'not comfortable' continuing with Edsall
- (02:15) Yesterday, 08:09 PM ET
- Jack: Felt like I did enough for UCLA
- (00:49) Yesterday, 08:35 AM ET
- How do the Gators boogie on the field?
- (03:22) Yesterday, 09:29 PM ET
- Spurrier: We wanted to do the right thing
- (00:42) Oct 7, 2015, 01:20 PM ET
- Astros power past Royals to take Game 1
- (04:08) Today, 12:18 AM ET
- Altuve: 'Today was a really nice game'
- (00:57) Today, 12:45 AM ET
- Rangers take Game 1 from Blue Jays
- (03:14) Yesterday, 07:05 PM ET
- Beltre's playing status for Game 2 unknown
- (01:34) Today, 12:26 AM ET
- Bautista: 'I should be ready to go tomorrow'
- (00:58) Yesterday, 11:07 PM ET