Baylor star dunk contest on tap?
RGIII vs. Brittney Griner
Brittney Griner, The Associated Press women's basketball Player of the Year, said Heisman Trophy winner and fellow Baylor star Robert Griffin III has challenged her to a dunk contest.
"Yes, he did and I told him I'm going to dunk on him," she said Saturday at the Final Four in Denver.
It won't happen until after Griner's senior year in 2013, however, and by that time Griffin will have a year under his belt in the NFL.
Griner's already talking trash, suggesting she's going to beat RG3.
"I am. No problem," she said.
Griner and Baylor face Stanford in a national semifinal Sunday night. Griner has already dunked twice in the NCAA tournament.
Griffin is expected to be among the top picks in the NFL draft April 26.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE WOMEN'S BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Baylor bounces TCU to push win streak to 18
- S. Carolina pulls by Aggies, improves to 19-0
- Iowa rallies, knocks off Nebraska in overtime
- S. Carolina still No. 1; Chattanooga in Top 25
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Baylor Bears 'sic 'em Bears' Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic Bound Grey T-shirt