X Games L.A. 2013 guest information
X GAMES INFORMATION & POLICIES
Guest Services Locations
Guest Services is the designated area for all event information and event services. The X Games Guest Services Tent at L.A. Live is located in the Nokia Plaza, just south of Wolfgang Puck and is accessible from inside and outside the venue. Inside Staples Center, Guest Services is located on the Main Concourse across from aisle M12 and Upper Concourse across from aisle U6. On the L.A. Live Event Deck, Guest Services is located on the east side of the deck just north of the Vert Ramp. At the Irwindale Event Center the Guest Services booth is located at the Main Entrance, east of the grandstand. If you purchase a special ticketing package, please refer to your voucher for specific pick-up locations.
Skate Check at Nokia Plaza
Thursday, Aug. 1: 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 2: 11 a.m-10 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 3: 10 a.m.-11:30 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 4: 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
Skate Check at Irwindale Event Center
Thursday, Aug. 1: 4-11 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 2: 4-9 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 3: 4-10:45 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 4: Noon-5 p.m.
Driving Directions & Public Transportation
There are various freeways and exits to get to L.A. Live and the Irwindale Event Center. Please visit www.lalive.com or www.irwindalespeedway.com, for detailed driving directions to the venue.
For assistance in finding available parking spots and rates around Staples Center, http://www.parkme.com/los-angeles-parking/staples-center. Metro provides Metro Bus and Rail Transportation to Staples Center and L.A. Live. For more information about planning your trip to the X Games, please visit the Metro trip planner at http://www.staplescenter.com/parking/directions or call (323) GO METRO or (323-466-3876).
L.A. Live will have various pay lots around the venue on Figueroa Street that will range from $20-$30. To reference parking locations please visit: www.lalive.com/visitors/event-parking.
General parking at the Irwindale Event Center opens at the same time as X Fest and is located east of Speedway drive. There is a flat rate of $10 per car, and $20 for oversized vehicles. Motorcycle parking is free. Overnight Camping/Parking is strictly prohibited.
ADA Drop-off/Pick-up and Parking
ADA Drop-off and Pick-up at L.A. Live is located on West Road. From Olympic head south on Georgia then turn right onto West Road. ADA Parking will be readily available in all surrounding parking lots, however the most accessible garage for the event at L.A. Live is located in the West Garage at Gate E, enter from the West Road off of Olympic. Please visit: www.lalive.com/visitors/event-parking.
ADA Parking, Drop-off and Pick-up at the Irwindale Event Center are located in the Reserved Lot, west of Speedway Drive. From Live Oak Avenue head south on Speedway Drive then turn right.
General Ticketing Information
X Games competition events require tickets for entry. Competition event tickets range from $10-$45 (service charges may apply). Each individual patron must possess their respective ticket at all times.
Exit and re-entry is not allowed at L.A. Live. If exit/re-entry is required for an emergency, please contact a Guest Services representative and have your ticket scanned prior to exit.
Re-entry is permitted at the Irwindale Event Center. If re-entry is required, guests must leave each X Games event by having your ticket scanned at the designated exit gate directly north of the Main Entrance.
X Fest is free to the public at L.A. Live. Tickets for L.A. Live events are available for purchase within X Fest at the Staples Center Box Office based on availability.
X Fest is included with ticket purchase for Irwindale events. Tickets for Irwindale events are available for purchase at the Irwindale Event Center Box Office based on availability.
To ensure guests have a reserved seat for their favorite events, ESPN highly encourages fans to purchase tickets online and have tickets in hand when arriving on-site to avoid long lines at Will Call.
Tickets go on sale Friday, June 21 from all AXS outlets, www.axs.com/xgames and Staples Center and Irwindale Event Center Box Offices. Tickets will be available on the days of the event based on availability.
Tickets for L.A. Live events can be purchased at the Staples Center Box Office in X Fest during the following times:
Monday, July 29-Wednesday, July 31, 2013: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013: 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 2, 2013: 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 3, 2013: 10 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 4, 2013: 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Tickets for Irwindale events can be purchased at the Irwindale Event Center Box Office Hours during the following times:
Monday, July 29, 2013-Wednesday, July 31, 2013: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013: Noon-7:30 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 2, 2013: Noon-7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 3, 2013: 1-8:45 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 4, 2013: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
*There will be an area designated to AXS Will Call at Staples Center and Irwindale Event Center Box Offices.
The ultimate action sports festival at both L.A. Live and the Irwindale Event Center will feature interactive parks, sponsor and industry booths, athlete appearances and demos, and is free to the public at L.A. Live venues and included with ticket purchase at the Irwindale Event Center. X Fest will be located along Chick Hearn Court at L.A. Live and in the North Parking Lot of the Irwindale Event Center. X Fest is the spot to be to grab free swag and awesome giveaways, plus participate in fun activities including a bungee simulator and airbrush painting. The X Factory in front of Staples Center and the Merchandise trailer located at the main entrance of the Irwindale Event Center are the preferred places to shop for BMX, Moto, Rally and Skate gear with local art and DJs, autograph signings and more. Additional Merchandise booths are located in and around X Fest. The X Fest areas at L.A. Live and the Irwindale Event Center will be closed when capacity is reached.
Thursday, Aug. 1: 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 2: 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 3: 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 4: 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 1: 4 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 2: 4 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 3: 4 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 4: Noon-3 p.m.
Please visit www.xgames.com for the full competition schedule (schedule subject to change). Please note that practices are not open to the public.
The X Games Staples Center venue consists of the following events: Moto X Best Whip, Moto X Freestyle, Moto X Step Up, Moto X Speed & Style, Moto X Racing, and Moto X Enduro X.
Thursday, August 1: 5:30-9 p.m.
Friday, August 2: 5:30-9 p.m.
Saturday, August 3: 7-10:30 p.m.
Sunday, August 4: 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
L.A. Live Event Deck
The X Games Event Deck venue consists of the following events: Skate Street Women's, Street League Skateboarding (Select Series, Men's Prelim and Final), Red Bull Phenom (free), BMX Freestyle Street, and Skateboard Vert Prelims (free) and Finals (ticketed).
Thursday, Aug. 1: 10 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 2: 11 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 3: 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 4: CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
Irwindale Event Center
The X Games Irwindale Event Center venue consists of the following events: America's Navy Skateboard Big Air, X Games MUSIC Presents: AWOL Nation & Madeon, GoPro BMX Freestyle Big Air, X Games MUSIC Presents: Pepper, Gymkhana GRID, and Ford Rally Cross.
Thursday, Aug. 1: 4:30-10:30 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 2: 4:30-9 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 3: 6-9:45 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 4: 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- X Games Los Angeles 2013 takes place Aug. 1-4 at L.A. Live in downtown Los Angeles and at the Irwindale Event Center located in Irwindale, Calif.
- All persons/bags entering the X Games venues are subject to search. Bags larger than 14-inches square, i.e. backpacks, suitcases, beach bags, etc. will be prohibited from entry into the venue.
- For the safety and comfort of all guests, the following items are not allowed at the X Games: large bags, weapons, alcohol, coolers, pets (working animals excepted, i.e. guide dog); folding chairs, large umbrellas, laser-lights, noisemakers (i.e. air-horns); glass bottles, aluminum cans or beverages of any kind in unsealed containers.
- Guests may not bring any food and/or beverage items into the venue. The only exception is a factory sealed plastic bottled water, one liter or smaller. Guests with special dietary needs, infant formula or baby food, religious requirements, or medical conditions may be approved in advance through the Guest Services department.
- Guests must dispose of the unauthorized items prior to entrance into the venue or return items to their vehicles. Guest Services will not check-in any food or beverage items.
- Large posters and banners must be inspected by security before being allowed in the venue. X Games reserves the right to refuse admission of signage. Sticks or poles to hold flags/banners are not permitted.
- Skateboards and in-line skates are not allowed on the venue. Please use the skate check service near the X Fest entrance located at the North West Corner of Nokia Plaza at L.A. Live and directly west of the box office at the Irwindale Event Center. No skateboards, in-line skates, bikes, scooters or other sports equipment will be allowed inside any of the X Games venues.
- Bike parking for L.A. LIVE will be located on the P1 level of both the West and East Garages. The West Garage is located north of Chick Hearn Court between L.A. Live Way and Georgia Street. The East Garage is located off of Olympic Street between Georgia Street and Figueroa Street. Bike parking at the Irwindale Event Center will be located north of the Box Office next to Skate Check. Bikes will be left at the risk of the guest.
- Stroller parking is available when applicable at X Games events. To access the Event Deck at L.A. Live with strollers, please use the elevator on the North East side of the West Garage. Stroller parking on the Event Deck is located at the Guest Services location north of the Vert ramp. Strollers are not allowed in the seating sections inside of STAPLES Center however strollers may be checked into their Guest Services Center, located across from aisle M12 on the main concourse. Stroller parking at the Irwindale Event Center is located underneath the east side of the grandstand behind the Guest Services booth. Please take all personal items and belongings out of your stroller when leaving it unattended at stroller parking. Strollers will be left at the risk of the guest.
- Guests must wear shirts and shoes. No bare feet allowed.
- The ESPN X Games is a non-smoking event. Smoking is allowed in designated areas only.
- Tailgating is not permitted in the parking lots.
- X Games is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged goods. This includes checked items as well as strollers.
- X Games reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone at any time.
- The Guest Services Tent at L.A. Live in the Nokia Plaza and the Guest Services Booth at the Irwindale Event Center are the designated meeting places if persons in your party are separated from your family or group.
- Commercial photography or videography is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply will result in ejection and/or loss of credential/ticket. Specifically, the following equipment is not permitted: Lenses greater than three and one half inches in length, telephoto or zoom lenses of any kind, interchangeable lenses of any kind, monopods or tripods or flash equipment of any kind. All wireless equipment must be cleared by ESPN.
- All existing facility policies may be enforced in addition to X Games venue policies.